Practicing Self Love:
“Love yourself & Then love yourself some more” -Ashleigh Caoni
As a young mom entrepreneur, a business owner and a college student I try to set aside a little “down time” for myself even if it’s for 15 minutes. For a woman that’s always on the go I actually have found some me time. Honestly nowadays I find walking in the park or sitting by the pool side on a hot summer day to be most relaxing for me.
Other ways I find to be relaxing is reading a book for 15 minutes, taking a bubble bath between 30 minutes to an hour with a glass of wine, riding home while listening to inspirational podcasts or in silence to clear my thoughts or writing in a journal. Either way I’ve found some ways take some time to myself and not attend to anyone else but me! Taking care of yourself is important because if you are not right within you will not be right for others. People can feel your energy when you’re around them. You want to give off positive vibes. Concentrating on yourself is the best thing you can do. Start by working on all your insecurities, your ego, and any negative thoughts in order to make peace with yourself. Here’s some steps to practice self love:
1. Start each day by telling yourself something positive. How well you handled certain situations, How proud you are of yourself or just simply just telling yourself “ You Look Good Today”
2. Fill Your Body With food and drinks that nourish it and make it thrive.
3. Surround yourself with people who inspire, love and encourage you to do great things. Tell yourself that you don’t have time to hang around people who don’t inspire you. This is not being selfish but this is making sure that you surround yourself with people who help you grow.
4. End all toxics relationships. Anyone who brings negativity into your life is bad for business. You don’t want to mix that with pleasure anyway!
5. Embrace and love all things that make you different. Stop worrying about what others think about you.
6. Take the time out calm your mind every day by finding something that truly relaxes you.
7. Be-patient but persistent. Self-love is ever evolving and needs to be practiced daily.
8. Stay in contact with family, friends, and mentors. People that help you get through tough times or are there for good times as well.
9. Forgive yourself and stop beating yourself up. You can’t change things you’ve done or allowed. All you can do is learn from them and move on!
10. Be realistic. No one is always happy every single day but we can find ways to cope.
11. Find your happy place. (Mine is wine LOL, what’s yours?)
12. And last but most importantly. HAVE FUN! Go out, Live your best life and enjoy yourself to the fullest!